Contact lens handling and care education
We aim to have all patients confident in inserting and removing their contact lenses before they finish their tuition with us, but for extra guidance we have added links to instructional videos below:
Contact Lens Handling and care
All contact lenses used at Barnard Levit are manufactured to the highest quality and fitted with great precision in order to corrrect existing optical anomalies.
If you are new to contact lenses, please note that an adaptation period of 3-5 days may be required. If no contraindications are found by your contact lens practitioner, you may be able to wear these lenses daily for 10-16 hours.
Contact lens wear is safe and comfortable if proper hygiene and lens care are followed meticulously. However, in the unlikely event of developing any of the following symptoms:
- Eyes stinging, burning, itching (irritation), or other eye pain
- Lenses are less comfortable than when first placed on eye
- Feeling of something in the eye such as a foreign body or scratched area
- Excessive watering (tearing) of the eyes
- Unusual eye secretions
- Redness of the eyes
- Reduced sharpness of vision (poor visual acuity)
- Blurred vision, rainbows or halos around objects
- Sensitivity to light (photophobia)
- Unusually dry eyes
REMOVE YOUR LENSES IMMEDIATELY.
If the discomfort or problem stops, then look closely at the lens. If the lens is in any way damaged, please DO NOT put the lens back on your eye. Place the lens in the storage case and contact the practice. If the lens has dirt, an eyelash or any foreign objects on it, or the problem stops and the lens appears undamaged, you should thoroughly clean, rinse and disinfect the lens; then reinsert it. If the problem persists, you should IMMEDIATELY remove it and contact the practice.