Please note that phone calls may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
Your personal data is data which by itself or with other data available to us can be used to identify you. We will collect most of this data directly from you, or indirectly from other health care providers, who have referred you to us and/or participate in your eye care, e.g. GPs and Ophthalmologists.
The type of information we collect is detailed below
- Full name and contact details, including address, email and phone numbers
- Date of birth
- Bank details (if you join our Perpetual Eye Care Plan and pay via Direct Debit)
- Medical history - including current and past eye examinations, clinical history and tests, optical images, general health condition, spectacle and contact lens prescriptions
- Record of products and services - including payment history for professional fees, eyewear and contact lens purchases
- Lifestyle, driving information and employment factors – relevant to your eye care
Using your personal data
We will use your home address, phone numbers or email address to contact you (according to your personal preferences) with regard to the following
- your eye care treatment
- providing our products and services to you
- letting you know when your next appointment is due and reminding you to book an eye examination if due
- notifying you about changes to our products and services
- responding to queries from you
- processing and retaining personal data relating to your purchases
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data is only shared with other medical professionals who are actively involved in providing your eye care and overseeing your general health. It is not shared with 3rd parties for marketing or commercial purposes.
Your bank details (when provided by you) are shared with a third party to manage direct debit payments for the Perpetual Eye Care Plan.
Your personal data may be forwarded to the Courts if requested, to comply with legal requirements, and for the administration of justice.
We will retain your personal data based on our legal and regulatory requirements.
You can update or amend your personal information in person, via the phone or via the contact page on our website http://www.barnardlevit.co.uk/contact-us/
Your rights under applicable data protection law
Your rights are as follows
- the right to be informed about the processing of your personal data
- the right to have your personal data corrected if inaccurate
- the right to object or restrict the processing of your personal data
- the right to have your personal data erased or blocked for further processing depending on regulatory requirements to retain data
- the right to request access to personal data
Protecting personal information
We use a variety of security procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use.
We cannot absolutely guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us via the internet and remind you that you do so at your own risk.
In the event that there is an interception of your personal information or unauthorised access or use of our database, we will not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of your personal information.
We have no control over the contents of third party sites or resources which are linked to our website and we accept no responsibility or liability for them or the privacy practices they use or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of such websites or resources.